Need a way to cool off over the summer? Here are some quick recipes to whip up that are fast, easy, and delicious!
Unblended Pina Coladas
- 4 ounces coconut cream or canned coconut milk
- 2-4 ounces spice rum
- 1 scoop pineapple sorbet or sherbet
- Mix the rum with spiced rum in a hurricane or high ball glass.
- Top with sherbet. Optional: add pineapple slice and cherry. And as always whipped cream!
Root Beer Floats
- 8 ounces Root Beer, all natural if available
- 2 ounces vanilla or whipped cream flavored vodka
- 1-2 scoops ice cream, pre-scooping will save time
- Gently stir vodka into the root beer in a high ball or large sundae glass.
- Drop ice cream scoops into root beer.
- 6 ounces champagne or sparkling wine (sparkling Moscato), chilled
- 1 scoop orange sherbet
- 1 cut orange wedge
- In champagne flute: put the orange wedge in, pour in champagne, top with sherbet.
Raspberry Cream Soda
- 4 ounces cream soda
- 2 ounces raspberry liqueur
- 2 ounces half-and-half
- Crushed ice
- In highball glass add crushed ice.
- Slowly down the side of the glass pour cream soda, then liqueur, then very slowly add half-and-half.
- Top with whipped cream.
Photo credit Valters Krontals