This simple no bake cheesecake will be a hit at your next cook out!
Silky, Smooth No Bake Cheesecake
- 2 cups pecan sandies cookies, finely crushed
- 6-8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- Stir the pecan sandies crumbs in with the sugar and enough butter to make it look like sand. When you press the mixture with your hand, it should clump for you a bit.
- Press the mixture into a spring form pan (up the sides as well). Put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- With a chilled mixing bowl, whip the whipping cream to stiff peaks, fold in the sour cream.
- With a mixer, beat the cream cheese (easier to begin with room temperature) until it’s soft and creamy. Add the sweetened condensed milk, extract, and lime/lemon juice, beat well.*
- Fold in the whipped cream/sour cream mixture.
- Chill or freeze for several hours or for as long at 24 hours. (I prefer freezing if you’re taking it to a gathering, that way it’ll still be firm enough to slice a couple of hours later.)
- Top with your choice of freshly cut fruit or cherry pie filling.
*Please note: this dessert leans on the less sweet side. If you prefer a sweeter cheesecake, add about 1/4 cup of granulated sugar to the cream cheese mixing step and beat well.
Photo credit Stu Spivack.