These cookies will go perfectly with your afternoon tea in the summer. You can prepare the dough up to 3 days before, form into a log, and chill. Then you can bake the day you need them.
Lemon Tea Cookies
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon extract (or lemon juice)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lemon glaze, below
- Cream lemon zest, butter, sugar, lemon extract together. Mix in flour and salt. Form into a log, wrap with parchment paper or saran wrap and chill at least 2 hours, up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, cut log into ¼ inch slices and arrange on cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Drizzle with glaze after cookies cool. Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Stir all ingredients together until glaze is smooth and can be drizzled easily.
Photo credit Tomatoes and Friends.