Better than canned and almost as easy. Good to have in your back pocket when you or a friend get sick. Serve with simple crusty bread and snuggle up!
Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2-3 cups store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded or diced (use what you like, light, dark or a mix)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces thick cut noodles (like Reames homestyle frozen egg noodles)
- Over medium heat, sauté carrots and celery with butter. Allow vegetables to get soft (about 5-8 minutes), add garlic and allow to sauté until the garlic is almost translucent and fragrant.
- Add spices and salt and pepper to taste, add chicken, and broth.
- Prepare noodles separately, drain, then add to broth.
- Allow flavors to come together at very low heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Photo credit Jeffrey W.