Simple Frozen Coffee
- A blender
- 1-2 ice cup trays
- Strongly brewed coffee, dark or espresso roast is best.
- Vanilla soymilk
- Additional flavorings*
- Whipped cream
- Brew your coffee, pour into ice cube trays. Freeze.
- Put 8-12 ice cubes (per serving) into the blender, add one to one-and-half cups of soymilk (per serving) into the blender and blend, adding more milk as needed.
- You may add additional flavorings and blitz again.
- Pour into tall glasses and top with whipped cream.
*Additional flavorings are practically anything you want them to be. I like adding peanut butter, or chocolate sauce. Caramel is, of course, always good. And for a nice twist, raspberries are awesome with a really strong brew. If you like something tangy, try replacing half the soymilk with Greek vanilla yogurt.
Stir in a shot or two of Bailey’s Irish Cream, Kahlua, or Amaretto for an afternoon treat (or a morning treat, no judgment zone!).
If you’re a coffee lover, freeze straight espresso and blend that!
The Culinary Corner is a weekend column that includes a simple recipe, a few tips, or admiration for a kitchen gadget.
Photo credit Comedy_Nose on Flickr.