By Lyndsey Fought
Admittedly, I’m not the biggest fan of mayonnaise based salads, but I love a good chicken salad. I took some of the edge off the mayonnaise base with Greek yogurt here. This is fabulous as the star of your picnic. I would definitely suggest eating the salad on a croissant bun!
Pecan Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken, I do half diced, half shredded
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup red grapes, cut in half
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Optional: ½ teaspoon celery seed, ½ teaspoon tarragon
- Mix all ingredients together except grapes.
- Gently stir in the grapes. Chill thoroughly.
- Put about ½ cup of mixture on each sandwich.
Photo credit Lara604.
I have too many interests and I get easily distracted, so I haven’t completed a single thing in my life. Yay, hyperboles! I have been to culinary school and I like baking cupcakes. I write the beginnings of too many novels. I am driven by ambition and delayed by perfectionism.
I would like to travel the world, learn from others, write some best sellers, and have a restaurant or bakery someday. I am a Slytherin. I like the tenth Doctor best (followed by ninth). I am too obsessed with Downton Abbey and the whole etiquette of that era. I never forget to be awesome!