I am a batter freak. I love cookie dough, I love brownie batter and cake batter. I know tons of people agree but walk on the side of caution and don’t ingest raw doughs or batters. Here’s my recipe for a yummy, raw, and totally safe cookie dough truffles.
Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
Ingredients (Yields 60 truffles):
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (to make this healthier and add fiber, you can use whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup softened butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- The contents of one vanilla bean
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 cups mini-chocolate chips
- 1-2 cup dark chocolate, optional
- ½ cup white chocolate, optional
- Beat softened butter with sugars and contents of vanilla bean at medium high speed for several minutes until pale in color.
- Add salt and flour. If the dough appears too thick and dry, add half-and-half one tablespoon at a time, beat well.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30-60 minutes.
- Form mixture into 60+ small balls.
- Melt the dark chocolate using double boiler method or slowly in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Dip balls one by one in the dark chocolate, place them on parchment or wax paper. Allow to harden and drizzle with the white chocolate.
- Cover and keep chilled, eat whenever!
- Note: For a more chocolate version you can replace 1/4 cup of the flour with 1/4 cup cocoa powder.