What tastes better with bacon? Everything. I’m always up for trying bacon with anything, which is why one time I ended up going to a fair and buying chocolate-covered bacon. It was disgusting. You live and you learn. Still! I have not been soured on bacon combinations, guys, and I was intrigued when I came across a recipe for apple-bacon mini muffins. My version adds a touch of cinnamon!
Apple Cinnamon Bacon Muffins
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup apples (diced)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop up apples into small pieces.
- Put apples in large bowl and add brown sugar, melted butter, egg, milk, vanilla, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Now that all ingredients are combined, add bacon.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
The result? A muffin that’s sweet and savory!